To sign up for Grantcoin Basic Income, please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://ekata.social/en/accounts/signup/ and register for an account there. (Grantcoin signups are processed with technology built by Ekata Social, a new social media platform.)
- Once you have successfully registered for an Ekata Social account, login to your account there, and in the left navigation menu, click My Account and Account
- Click Signup on Grantcoin icon.
- If somebody gave you a Grantcoin referral code, enter it where prompted. (Remember: If you enter a valid referral code, both you and the person who referred you will get a bonus. If you do not enter it during this step of the process, neither of you will get the bonus.)
- Enter your name and geographical location. Country and zip code are the only mandatory geographical fields. Click Submit.
- Enter your email address and click Submit.
- Check your email. Copy the code in the email you received, and paste it in the field on Ekata. Click Submit.
- Choose your country code and enter your mobile phone number. Don’t enter any dashes or parentheses, only numbers. Click Submit.
- Check your phone for an SMS message with a code. Enter the code on Ekata. Click Submit.
- Upload an image of yourself. If your automated phone verification didn’t work (i.e. if you didn’t receive an SMS in the previous step), we’ll need a scan of your photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport). Otherwise, any photo showing your face is fine. Click Submit.
- When your Grantcoin account is approved, you will receive an email with your referral code to give to others. If you don’t get the email immediately, that means the system triggered a manual review, and Grantcoin staff will review your application for approval within one week.